Friday, October 22, 2010

Unripe rice butter cake

Photobucket

Unripe rice is a very famous street food in Hanoi . It reminds me of my childhood in Hanoi. This rice can be made into many yummy desserts or can just simply eat with banana . Now while leaving far away , I am still lucky enough to have the dried one to satisfied myself whenever i think of it .

Photobucket

Recipe :
Ingredients :
- 4 eggs ( I use 55g eggs )
- 200g cake flour
- 170g caster sugar
- 200g unsalted butter , softened
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 80ml fresh milk
- pinch of salt
- 50g dried unriped rice , soaked till soft in hot water .
Method :
Put Soaked unriped rice and fresh milk together into a blender , blend till mixed well . Put aside .
Cake flour , baking powder , salt , all mix together , sift well .
Preheat oven at 170 degree C for 10 mins .
Beat butter with sugar until butter becomes light and pale in colour . Add in eggs 1 at a time , mixing well after each addition . Change mixer to low speed , put in flour mixture and followed by the milk mixture . Whisk till all just combined , becareful not to overmix . Pour batter into greased pan . Bake in preheated oven until the cake is done , about 40-50 mins .
Enjoy baking !

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    The cake looks fluffy and yummy..:)

    Dr.Sameena@

    www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thks you . It's really yummmy... uhm , to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is new to me. Hope you can share the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will post the recipe very soon . If you don't mind , I would like to share some of this unriped rice , to let you try the taste of our Hanoian's food :)

    ReplyDelete